Ask the Car Expert and Wordsmith Media Ltd takes the privacy of its visitors extremely seriously. we will not sell or otherwise distribute any personal information you might reveal when you Ask the Car Expert to third parties.
Our contact details
Name: James Foxall
Address: Wordsmith Media, Beechwood Cottage, Forestside, Rowlands Castle PO9 6EQ
Phone Number: +44 7980 802205
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information if you Ask the Car Expert:
- Name (as much as you wish to give)
- Email address.
The following information is automatically collected:
- IP address
- Geographical location
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- List of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reason:
- To answer questions you’ve asked our experts
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. If you wish to disable cookies you may do so through your web browser options. Instructions for doing so and for other cookie-related management can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites
- Data that’s automatically collected includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content
- If you access this website through a social media site, such as Facebook you are granting it permission to share your user information with us. This may include your name, email address, date of birth, location, plus any other information you have permitted Facebook to share with third parties.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Improve our product
- Personalise the advertising experiences on the website
- Inform the advertising that funds our business. This is provided by Google AdSense. Some advertising is based on the context of the page; the other is based upon your likely interest, which is inferred from what Google knows about you due to your browsing history. This can be collected from information associated to your devices, cookies and email address
- Inform our analytics which tells us how you move around the website. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of content and advertisements.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address above and below. Alternatively, you can opt out of having our cookies stored on your browser by unchecking the box on the Privacy Overview.
How we store your personal information
We store your information securely. If you Ask the Car Expert, we keep your email address for up to 12 months in an encrypted online vault. We will then permanently dispose of your information by deleting it from this vault.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com; on +44 7980 802205; or by post at: Wordsmith Media, Beechwood Cottage, Forestside, Rowlands Castle PO9 6EQ
Content, links and affiliate links
We can’t be held responsible for content republished from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
We also provide affiliate links to the best products and services. We choose these carefully so they link to items we’d buy ourselves. They look just like normal links but if a reader clicks on them to go to a third-party website and goes on to make a purchase, it may result in a payment to this site.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can complain to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; on +44 7980 802205; or by post at:
If you are unhappy with how we have used your data, you can also complain to the ICO at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk